V-Start focuses on the implementation of the EC Directive 2012/29/EU establishing minimum standards on the rights, support and protection of victims of crime.
V-Start´s main goal is
- to strengthen victims’ awareness of support services,
- making it easier for them to access existing legal remedies and protect their fundamental rights.
The project also aims at
- improving the system of support services for victims of hate crimes,
- enhancing knowledge and skills of professionals,
- linking up support services, CSOs and legal practitioners,
- promoting cooperation and exchange amongst them.
This project targets groups of victims of hate crimes and organizations advocating for their rights, namely: migrants – in particular undocumented ones, asylum seekers and refugees, Roma people and LGBTIQ persons. A particular attention will be paid to refugees and asylum seekers who are at the moment among the most vulnerable victims of hate motivated offences across Europe.